|Type:||Full Time/Part Time|
Add is a leading $16 million non-profit company committed to providing support to people with developmental disabilities. Add is looking for FT and PT Seasonal Activity Leaders to support High School students with developmental disabilities during the months of June, July and August. This is a temporary position with the opportunity to transition into a permanent position.
The Activity Leader leads the day-to-day activities of the Add Ventures program in the community and in a center-based environment. The Activity Leader oversees the attendance of each individual each day, ensures that all paperwork for each collective activity is completely properly, participates in activities, and ensures the health and safety needs of participants are being met.
- Verify that the participants scheduled are present and accounted for at all times.
- Ensure active involvement in the activity by the participants.
- Complete the daily and monthly documentation
- Work with other staff as needed to accomplish the desired outcomes of the activity.
- Be a role model by participating in the activity and displaying socially appropriate behavior at all times.
- Promptly attend to the health and safety needs of the participants in their activity.
- Communicate with the Program Manager about the success of the activities led.
- Provide transportation as needed.
- A sincere desire to work with persons who have developmental disabilities required.
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- Previous experience or education in the human services, health care or education field preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly both in verbal and written format required.
- Strong decision making abilities in a fast paced environment required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people required.
- Valid driver's license with 6 or fewer points and current auto insurance required.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.