Vice President of Finance/Chief Financial Officer
The Vice President of Finance/Chief Financial Officer is responsible for providing strategic leadership and direction for the agency by working with the senior and leadership management teams and Board of Directors to analyze long range goals, strategies, plans and policies. The position is also responsible for directing and reporting the fiscal functions of the agency in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, and other regulatory organizations in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the industry of providing supports to people with developmental disabilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate as a member of the Executive Leadership Team responsible for the development and implementation of the finance department's strategic plan.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance providing financial analysis and leadership in connection with organizational decision making including analysis of the financial impact of long range planning, new programs, and strategies and regulatory actions.
- Provide leadership for the finance department to ensure timely and accurate budgets, monthly and annual financial reports, analysis of financial performance compared to budgets and forecasts, and financial trend analysis in order to assist the President/Chief Executive Officer, Leadership teams and Add Board of Directors in performing their responsibilities.
- Regularly update the President/Chief Executive Officer, Finance Committee and Treasurer of the Board of Directors, Executive Management and Leadership Team on the financial performance of the agency, providing proactive notification of any areas of concern.
- Develop and implement finance related policies and procedures of the organization and suggest any changes or enhancements that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the agency.
- Enlist the cooperation of the Leadership team to ensure accurate and timely accounting of all agency department financial results.
- Collaborate with the Executive Management and Leadership Team to develop and implement plans for operational systems and processes to allow the agency to take advantage of opportunities when they arise.
- Ensure the completion of all necessary tax reporting and operational items necessary to maintain the organization's 501(c)(3) tax-exempt statuses. Cooperate with external auditors as necessary.
- Develop reporting tools needed to assist Executive and Leadership Teams in managing their operational lines of business.
- Manage the banking and investment relationships of the organization. Ensure all regulatory filings and licensing requirements are current.
- Manage the finance department evaluating structure and planning for continuous improvement and efficiency including providing guidance for individual professional and personal growth.
Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance. Professional certification as a Certified Public Accountant preferred (required if Bachelor's degree is other than in accounting or finance).
A minimum of ten years of accounting experience including familiarity with financial audit procedures
- A minimum of three years of senior management or executive level experience. Experience in a not-for-profit agency preferred.
•· Ability to provide vision and leadership together with planning the work of others.
•· Proficient in dealing with Senior Management and Board of Directors and able to address their needs.
•· Attention to detail and a high level of motivation, professionalism, trustworthiness and excellent work ethic.
•· Highly motivated individual with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
•· Ability to develop and maintain positive interpersonal relationships with others.
•· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
•· Ability to delegate and develop staff.
We make employment decisions based upon factors such as performance, abilities, talent, effort, and results. We provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, non-disqualifying disability, genetic information, military status, veteran status or other legally protected status
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.